Profile of Dr. Wangchuk Dorjee Negi
|Name||Dr. Wangchuk Dorjee Negi|
|Qualification with Institution||<ol> <ol> <li>Ph.D. (Vidya-Varidhi), 1990 - Topic: A Critical Study of the Vajrayana View & Practice.</li> <li>M.A (Acharya) in Buddhist Philosophy, 1986(Gold Medalist).</li> </ol> </ol>|
|Name of Department||Department of Mool Shastra|
|Name of Faculty||FACULTY OF HETU AND ADHYATMA VIDYA|
|Area of Specialization||<p>Nagarjun and Mind only School of Buddhist Philosophy and Vajrayan Budhhism</p>|
|Current Assignment and Projects||<p>Writing commentry on Heart Sutra.</p>|
|Postal Address||<p>CUTS, Sarnath, Varanasi-221007, (U.P.), INDIA</p>|
Published Books: 12
- What is Buddhism (English), 3rd Edition – Further Enlarged Version, Songtsen Library, Dehra Dun 2016, 2nd Edition – Enlarged Version 2014, 1st Edition -2010, (Spanish Translation 2017 and Chinese Translation 2016)
- Commentary on Dhammapada(English) – CUTS, Sarnath,Varanasi 2013
- Baudh Dharma Ka Parichaya by H.H. the Dalai Lama, Translated into Hindi, Varanasi 2010
- Vajrayana Darshan Mimansa (Sanskrit), CUTS, Sarnath, Varanasi 2008
- Prayer Collection of Kagyu Sangha Great Aspiration -Translation from Tibetan to Hindi, Kagyu Monlam 2007
- Commentary on Dhammapada (Hindi), Taipei, Taiwan, 3rd Edition 2010, 2nd Edition 2006, 1st Edition 2003, (Bengali Translation 2012, Tibetan Translation 2014)
- Vajrayana Darshan Evam Sadhana (Hindi), CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi 1999
Books Published as co-editor:
- Mahamayatantra with Commentary, CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi 1994
- Krishnayamaritantra with Commentary, CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi 1992
- Vasantatilakawith Commentary, CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi 1990
- Gyanodayatantram,CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi 1988
- GuhyadiAshta Siddhi, CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi 1987
Published Articles: 49
(International 10 and National 39)
Academic positions and visiting professorships held:
- Director, CIBS, Leh, Ladakh, J&K, from June 2010 to December 2014
- Research Guide, Taisho University, Japan, May - June 2008
- Visiting Professor, Smith College & Hampshire College, USA, January - June 2000
- Visiting Professor, University of Tasmania, Australia, February - July 1998
- Research Fellow, Survey of Sanskrit Buddhist Manuscripts in Okayama, Japan, September – November 1997
International Travel – Academic:
- Participated in academic conferences and delivered public talks at the University of Valparaiso, Santa Maria University, University of Valdivia, Institute of Neuroscience, Chile, South America and gave Dharma teachings and seminars at Centro de MeditaciónBudista Asociación Cultural Sidharta, Valparaiso, Chile, South America, May 2017
- Gave teachings on Vajrayana Buddhism at Karma Kagyu Ling, Taiwan, August 2017, June 2016, June 2015
- Participated as a resource person in the International Conference on ‘Translating Buddhist Scriptures and Rendering Buddhist Terms into Translated Words – 2015’, Dongguk University, Gyengju Campus, organized by the Translation Institute for Tibetan Buddhist Canon, Dongguk University, South Korea, 1-7 December 2015
- Participated as an Official Nominee of Govt. of India at the SAARC Regional Seminar at the University of Perideniya, Colombo, Sri Lanka, organized by SAARC Culture Center, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 15 - 17 May 2015
- Gave Teachings on Mahamudra at Drukpa Singapore, Singapore, 18-20 April 2014
- Participated in the first International Conference on Buddhist Heritage in South-East Asia, organized by Royal Academy of Cambodia, Embassy of India and ICCR, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 3 - 4 December 2010
- Participated as a panelist in the panel on Buddhist Ethics & Mind Culture in the first ever summit of International Association of Buddhist Universities (IABU) & International Academic Seminar on Buddhist Ethics, Bangkok, Thailand, 13 -15 September 2008.
Members of Various Bodies:
- Member of Rashtriya Sanskrit Parishad, New Delhi, 2015 - 2018
- Member of Academic Board, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi, 2012 - 2013
- Member of the Expert Advisory Committee for Financial Assistance Scheme for the preservation and development of Tibetan Buddhist Organizations, Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India, 2010 - 2013
- Member of Board of Governors, CUTS, Sarnath, Varanasi, 2011 - 2012
- Member of Advisory Board, Songtsen Library, Dehra Dun, India
- Member of the Syllabus Designing Committee for International Institute for Higher Tibetan Studies, Esternberg, Austria, April 28 – May 22, 2010
- Member of Board of Studies, Indo-Tibetan Department, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan
- Chief Coordinator of the Cultural Exchange Program between the CUTS and Five Colleges of Massachusetts, USA and University of Tasmania, AU, 2008
- Coordinator of the ‘Introductory Course on Physics and Astronomy’ by Prof. Partha Ghose’, CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi, 13-31 October 2008
- Chief Coordinator of the Cultural Exchange Program between the CIHTS andFive colleges of Massachusetts, USA and University of Tasmania, AU, 2007
- Chief Coordinator of the Cultural Exchange Programs between the CIHTS andFive colleges of Massachusetts, USA and University of Tasmania, AU, 1999
Paper Presentations in Conferences/Seminars/Symposiums: 51
(International Conferences/Seminars 23 and National Seminars/Conferences/Symposium: 28)
International Conferences/Seminars 23:
1. Respondent of Prof. Tilakratne’s paper on Mind for Atma and Thereafter: An Analysis of Mind in Theravada Buddhist Philosophy at the International Conference on Mind in the Indian Philosophical Thoughts and Modern Science held at CIHTS from 30-31st December 2017.
2. Buddhism: Science of Mind – Presented at the Neuroscience Institute, Chile, 26 May 2017; at the University of Santa Maria, Chile, South America, 6 June 2017.
3. Two Truths of Buddhist Philosophy – Presented at a conference in the Institute of Philosophy, University of Valparaiso, Chile, South America, 29 May 2017.
4. Compassion from Buddhist Perspective – Presented at the ‘Contemplative Seminar on Practice of Compassion’, organized by World Buddhist Culture Trust at Henry Martyn Institute, Hyderabad, 27 -31January 2016.
5. Translation of Tibetan Buddhist Canon to Korean – Presented at the International Conference on ‘Translating Buddhist Scriptures and Rendering Buddhist Terms into Translated Words – 2015’, Gyengju Campus, organized by the Translation Institute for Tibetan Buddhist Canon, Dongguk University, South Korea, 1-7 December 2015.
6. Culture as a Soft Power in Regional Cooperation: Buddhist Perspectives - Presented at the SAARC Regional Seminar on Cultural Dynamics in National Harmony in South Asia organized by the SAARC Culture Center, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 15 to 17 May 2015.
7. Contribution of Buddhism to Social Life - Presented at the International Conference on Contribution of Asian Buddhist Forum, CUTS, Sarnath, Varanasi, 13 -15 January 2013.
8. Role of Sangha in the Preservation and Identification of Buddhist Heritage Sites - Presented at the International Buddhist Sangha Conference, Patna, organized by the Bodhgaya Temple Management Committee, 5-7 January 2013.
9. Buddhism in Kashmir - Presented atthe International Seminar on Buddhism in Kashmir, organized by ICCR in collaboration with CIBS, Leh and Kashmir University at CIBS, Leh, Ladakh, J.K, India, 5-7 September 2011.
10. Monastic Ordination: An aspect of Buddhist Heritage - Presented at the first International Conference on Buddhist Heritage in South East Asia, organized by Royal Academy of Cambodia and Embassy of India and ICCR, Phnom Penh, Cambodia 3-4 December 2010.
11. Four Tibetan Schools of Buddhism - Presented at the International Seminar on Buddhist Traditions, organized by Japanese Temple, Bodh Gaya, Bihar, 8-9December 2009.
12. Characteristics of Buddhism - Presented at the International seminar on Universal Message of Buddhism with Special Reference to Pali Literature, organized by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi, 22-24 September 2009.
13. Geeta Evam Baudh Math Mein Visvabandhutva Ki SamanvayatmakDristi - Presented at the International Seminar on Universal Fraternity and Geeta, Kurukchetra, Haryana, 6-8 December 2008.
14. Mind Culture in Buddhism - Presented at the panel on Buddhist Ethics & Mind Culture in the first ever summit of International Association of Buddhist Universities (IABU) & International Academic Seminar on Buddhist Ethics, Bangkok, Thailand, 13-15 September 2008.
15. Wisdom and Compassion in Tibetan Buddhism - Presented at the Annual Congress of the Taisho University, Japan, 5 July 2008.
16. Reflections on Sangiti - Presented at the International seminar on Sangitis - Buddhist Councils, Perspective and Prospects, organized by the Dept. of Buddhist Studies, University of Delhi, New Delhi, 8-10February 2008.
17. Kinnaur Past and Present - Presented at the International Conference of Buddhism in Asia: Challenges and Prospects, organized by CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi, 10-12 February 2006.
18. Origin of Mahayana Buddhism - Presented at the International Conference of Mahayana Buddhism: History and Culture, organized by Tibet House, New Delhi, 2-5 November 2005.
19. Role of Buddhism in 21st century - Presented at the International Seminar on Buddhism for 21st century: An International perspective, CIBS, Leh-Ladhak, 25-29 August 2004.
20. Tantric System in Buddhism -Presented at the International Seminar on Shunya-Purna-Pleroma organized by Abhishiktananda Society, Varanasi, 2000.
21. Non-Violence in Buddhism - Presented at the International conference on the Great Religions of Asia, organized by Ministry of HRD, Government of India, New Delhi, 19-21 November 1999.
22. Difference Between Paramitayana and Vajrayana - Presented at the International Seminar on One Thought Philosophy of all Buddhas, DrikungKargyud College, Dehradun, 1997.
23. Lotsawa and His School - Presented at the International Seminar on the Great LotsawaRinchenZangpo, Tabo, Spiti, H.P, 1996.
- Brochure for National Workshop on PPPDT
- Corrigendum Regarding Walk-In-Interview for Assistant Professor English at CTE
- Advertisement for Temporary engagement of Various Posts at Sowa - Rigpa Department
- Walk-In-Interview for Assistant Professor English at CTE
- Time Table - 1st Semester Examination, Session 2019-20
- सोवारिग्पा विभाग में नियुक्ति हेतु विज्ञापन
- Admission Notification for BSRMS 2019-20
- Pension Adalat Notice
- First Semester Examination 2019
- Details of written test for Direct Recruitment to the post of Senior Computer Operator Grade II (4017)
- Notification for Alumni (Academic Session 2005 onwards)
- Draft Amended Recruitment Rules in Respect of Promotion
- Increased Intake Capacity in Different Disciplines
- Vehicle Requisition Form
- Pensioner's Life Certificate
- Notification Regarding GSTN of CIHTS
- Notification Regarding Nomenclature of Institute
- Notice on Reconstituted Sexual Harassment Committee